Impress your friends with your knowledge of local Jacksonville trivia. Click the "Tweet This!" link to share facts online.
There's a lot to see and do in Jax.
- At 840 sq. miles, Jax is the largest city in the continental U.S. by landmass. Tweet This!
- Get to know all of the unique areas and neighborhoods in Jacksonville.
Tap into the natural beauty of Florida's first coast.
- Jax has more than 80,000 acres of parkland including two national parks, seven state parks, and more than 400 city parks! Tweet This!
- Jacksonville, the City of Parks, boasts the largest urban park system in the U.S. Tweet This!
- The Timucuan Ecological and Historical Preserve covers 46,000 acres! Tweet This!
- Did you know the St. Johns River is one of a few in the world that flows north? @visit_jax #onlyinjax http://bit.ly/ZLWJbF Tweet This!
- Find the nearest park or plan fun outdoor activities!
Explore our beaches.
- Did you know the Jacksonville Beach Pier is 1,320 feet long? Tweet This!
- Plan a beach getaway in Jacksonville, Florida.
Culture abounds in Jax.
- Jacksonville is one of the top 20 cities for art in the U.S. Tweet This!
- The Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville houses 800 works. Tweet This!
- The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens is the largest fine arts museum in NE Florida. Tweet This!
- Have you visited all of Jacksonville's museums and galleries? Will you be in Jacksonville for the next Art Walk event?
Jax is a hotbed of American film history!
- More than 30 silent film studios opened in Jax in the early 1900s. Tweet This!
- The first Technicolor film, “The Gulf Between” was filmed here in 1917. Tweet This!
- Read up on Jax's unique film history.
We've got a serious sports tradition, from the Jaguars to the PGA PLAYERS Championship.
- Jax native Bob Hayes is the only man to win an Olympic Gold medal and a Super Bowl ring. Tweet This!
- In 1993, The NFL awarded its 30th franchise team, the Jacksonville Jaguars. Tweet This!
- 2,850 pounds: Weight of Ever Bank Field’s 16-foot long Jaguar statue. Tweet This!
- 638 hours or 27 days: Time needed to play all 1,220 holes of golf in Jax. Tweet This!
- Find out when the Jaguars play or plan a golf trip in Jax.
Young, fun and sun: Find all three in Jax!
- Jax is Florida’s youngest city with an average age of 35. Tweet This!
- Pete’s, the oldest bar in Duval County, was featured in John Grisham’s “The Brethren.” Tweet This!
- It's Always Sunny . . . in Jax. We get 270 average days of sunshine per year! Tweet This!
- Get the scoop on Jax nighlife, hit the Jax Ale Trail, or find a cool festival to attend.
We've got rock and roll roots.
- In 1956, one of Elvis’ first indoor concerts took place in the historic Florida Theatre. Tweet This!
- Southern Rock legends, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers Band were formed in Jax. Tweet This!
- From the Jacksonville Jazz Festival to the Symphony Orchestra, there's always music happening in Jax.
Explore tons of family-friendly attractions!
- The Museum of Science and History (MOSH) covers 12,000 years of history. Tweet This!
- The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens features 2,000 animals and 1,000 plant species. Tweet This!
- Learn more about Jacksonville's Family-Friendly activities for every age and budget.
Shop till you drop in Jax.
- 1.1 million square feet: Open air shopping offered by St. Johns Town Center. Tweet This!
- When shopping in jax, the choice is yours, shop boutiques in eclectic neighborhoods, find bargains at the outlets, or visit upscale malls.
Getting here is easy.
- 30 U.S. cities feature non-stop flights to Jacksonville. Tweet This!
- Get travel information to plan your visit to Jacksonville, Florida.
We Also Recommend
if(!in_array('46', explode('|', '-1|65|37|41|681|35|44|720'))): ?> endif; ?>
Blogs by Denise M. Reagan
Blogs by Jacksonville Moms Blog
Blogs by Captain Dave Sipler
Blogs by Gary Sass
Blogs by Local Expert Guest
February 09, 2017
December 08, 2016