Impress your friends with your knowledge of local Jacksonville trivia. Click the "Tweet This!" link to share facts online.
There's a lot to see and do in Jax.
- At 840 sq. miles, Jax is the largest city in the continental U.S. by landmass. Tweet This!
- Get to know all of the unique areas and neighborhoods in Jacksonville.
Tap into the natural beauty of Florida's first coast.
- Jax has more than 80,000 acres of parkland including two national parks, seven state parks, and more than 400 city parks! Tweet This!
- Jacksonville, the City of Parks, boasts the largest urban park system in the U.S. Tweet This!
- The Timucuan Ecological and Historical Preserve covers 46,000 acres! Tweet This!
- Did you know the St. Johns River is one of a few in the world that flows north? @visit_jax #onlyinjax http://bit.ly/ZLWJbF Tweet This!
- Find the nearest park or plan fun outdoor activities!
Explore our beaches.
- Did you know the Jacksonville Beach Pier is 1,320 feet long? Tweet This!
- Plan a beach getaway in Jacksonville, Florida.
Culture abounds in Jax.
- Jacksonville is one of the top 20 cities for art in the U.S. Tweet This!
- The Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville houses 800 works. Tweet This!
- The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens is the largest fine arts museum in NE Florida. Tweet This!
- Have you visited all of Jacksonville's museums and galleries? Will you be in Jacksonville for the next Art Walk event?
Jax is a hotbed of American film history!
- More than 30 silent film studios opened in Jax in the early 1900s. Tweet This!
- The first Technicolor film, “The Gulf Between” was filmed here in 1917. Tweet This!
- Read up on Jax's unique film history.
We've got a serious sports tradition, from the Jaguars to the PGA PLAYERS Championship.
- Jax native Bob Hayes is the only man to win an Olympic Gold medal and a Super Bowl ring. Tweet This!
- In 1993, The NFL awarded its 30th franchise team, the Jacksonville Jaguars. Tweet This!
- 2,850 pounds: Weight of Ever Bank Field’s 16-foot long Jaguar statue. Tweet This!
- 638 hours or 27 days: Time needed to play all 1,220 holes of golf in Jax. Tweet This!
- Find out when the Jaguars play or plan a golf trip in Jax.
Young, fun and sun: Find all three in Jax!
- Jax is Florida’s youngest city with an average age of 35. Tweet This!
- Pete’s, the oldest bar in Duval County, was featured in John Grisham’s “The Brethren.” Tweet This!
- It's Always Sunny . . . in Jax. We get 270 average days of sunshine per year! Tweet This!
- Get the scoop on Jax nighlife, hit the Jax Ale Trail, or find a cool festival to attend.
We've got rock and roll roots.
- In 1956, one of Elvis’ first indoor concerts took place in the historic Florida Theatre. Tweet This!
- Southern Rock legends, Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers Band were formed in Jax. Tweet This!
- From the Jacksonville Jazz Festival to the Symphony Orchestra, there's always music happening in Jax.
Explore tons of family-friendly attractions!
- The Museum of Science and History (MOSH) covers 12,000 years of history. Tweet This!
- The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens features 2,000 animals and 1,000 plant species. Tweet This!
- Learn more about Jacksonville's Family-Friendly activities for every age and budget.
Shop till you drop in Jax.
- 1.1 million square feet: Open air shopping offered by St. Johns Town Center. Tweet This!
- When shopping in jax, the choice is yours, shop boutiques in eclectic neighborhoods, find bargains at the outlets, or visit upscale malls.
Getting here is easy.
- 30 U.S. cities feature non-stop flights to Jacksonville. Tweet This!
- Get travel information to plan your visit to Jacksonville, Florida.
We Also Recommend
if(!in_array('46', explode('|', '-1|65|37|41|681|35|44|720'))): ?> endif; ?>
Blogs by Denise M. Reagan
Blogs by Katie
Blogs by Patty
December 20, 2016
December 05, 2016
Blogs by Gary Sass
Blogs by Void Magazine
September 12, 2014
July 10, 2014