From being one of the top places to live in the South, to being ranked one of the most affordable vacation destination, and being named one of the best cities for beer, take a look at the big accolades the city has earned in the past few years:
- Jacksonville International Airport was listed as one of the best airports in North America when it comes to customer service. JIA was tied for first with two other airports in the Airport Service Quality Award by the Airports Council International.
- Expedia Viewfinder Travel Blog ranked Jacksonville as one of the 21 Super Cool US Cities. Jacksonville came in the #21 spot. [Link]
- DK Eyewitness Travel named Jacksonville one of 20 of America’s Most Underrated Towns. Jacksonville took the #6 spot. The must-see highlights: The beach, the historic neighborhoods, the Cummer Museum, our food scene, and the Jazz Fest. [Link]
- 9 Jacksonville restaurants received Golden Spoon Awards by the Florida trend Magazine. Including Azurea, 13 Gypsies, Black sheep and Taverna. [Link]
- Tripadvisor users selected Jacksonville as one of the Top Emerging Destinations in the U.S. Jacksonville was chosen as the #10 Destination.
- The Meetings Magazine, publisher of several top meetings industry magazines, awarded Visit Jacksonville with the 2016 Distinctive Achievement Award. The important award is given to CVBs who magazine subscribers say were most helpful in assisting and servicing them in the past year.
- On October 12, Smart Meetings, leading magazine for the meetings industry, named Jacksonville as a Smart Meetings 2016 Platinum Choice Award winner. The recognition, awarded by votes from readers, industry pros, and the editorial team, is given to premier CVBs, hotels and venues for excellence in prestigious categories valued by meeting professionals.
- Then on October 19, Convention South, a leading meeting planning media group, honored Visit Jacksonville with a 2016 Best Meetings Sites in the South Readers’ Choice Award. More than 18,000 meeting professionals voted for the award. This is the third time Visit Jacksonville has received the prestigious award from Convention South.
- Forbes featured Jacksonville as one of “The 20 Best Cities For Travel This Summer.” [Link]
- Travelocity has ranked Jacksonville as the #8 Best Summer Vacation Destination for 2016. [Link]
- Coming in at 48th, Jacksonville was again ranked in the Top 50 Meetings Destinations in the U.S. this year by Cvent. [Link]
- Realtor.com named Jacksonville as one of “The New Hot Spots Where Americans Are Moving Right Now.” [Link]
- Forbes Travel Guide named Jacksonville one of the “5 Surprising Foodie Cities to Visit Right Now” [Link]
- Jacksonville came in at 16 on Business Insider’s list of “24 Best Places to live in the South – the region that’s becoming the best place to live in America” [Link]
- On Business Insider’s list of “The Top 50 best places to live in America” Jacksonville was ranked 34th. [Link]
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) placed second in the "Best Airport by Region: North America Category" in the Airports Council International (ACI) 2015 Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Awards. [Link]
- Forbes Travel Guide awarded One Ocean Resort as a Four Star Hotel, Four Star Spa and Recommended Restaurant for Azurea. The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club also received four stars for both their hotel and spa. [Link]
- Jacksonville was ranked among the top cities and regions in the world for fostering successful startup businesses in a study by the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business. [Link]
- PETA named Jacksonville’s Sun-Ray Cinema the “Best Vegan-Friendly Movie Theater in the Country.” [Link]
- The Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront came in 5th place on Smart Meeting’s list of the 17 Top Renovated Hotels and Resorts. [Link]
- The Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens received the Quarter Century Award from the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) for maintaining continuous accreditation for 25 years or more. [Link]
- Florida Theatre Ranks #50 For Worldwide Tickets Sold – Pollstar magazine [Link]