- Things to Do
- Food & Drink
- Where to Stay
- Travel Tools
Get those taste buds ready for a new delicious experience only in Jacksonville!
1.Congaree and Penn was listed as one of the 32 best places to go (and eat) in 2019 by Food & Wine.
2. Since 1948, Dreamette has been serving up delicious dipped cones in Murray Hill.
3. Dennis Chan, chef at Blue Bamboo, published his renowned cookbook Hip Asian Comfort Food in 2009.
4. Waterfront dining is especially popular in the Jacksonville area. Local favorites include Safe Harbor Seafood Restaurant and Singleton’s Seafood Shack, which both feature Mayport shrimp on their menus.
5. In 2016, the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens launched The Chef’s Canvas. The cook-book’s recipes are inspired by the permanent art collection at the Cummer.
6. Al Mansour, restaurateur of local favorite Al’s Pizza, recently opened the restaurant Craft Pizza Co.to showcase his take on authentic, wood-fired pizza.
7. Oysters on the half shell are a River City favorite. Restaurant Orsay is well-known among locals for their wide variety of fresh oysters.
8. Calli Marie Webb, food manager at BREW Five Points, released her coffeehouse-inspired cookbook Calli Marie Bakes in 2016.
9. Jacksonville meat lovers enjoy Southern-style barbecue, frequenting spots like The Bearded Pig and Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q. (photo above of bearded pig, credit:Boldcityeats).
10. Authentic Japanese ramen is growing in popularity in Jacksonville. For bonafide noodles, locals patronize Hangar Bay Café and Asian Noodle House.