- Things to Do
- Food & Drink
- Jacksonville's Neighborhoods
- Where to Stay
- Travel Tools
Jacksonville's art scene is thriving from street art, festivals, art galleries and more!
1. On the first Wednesday of each month, local artists showcase their work throughout downtown Jacksonville at Art Walk.
2. Jacksonville has been home to a prestigious symphony orchestra since 1949. Season after season, the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra plays in the Robert E. Jacoby Symphony Hall.
3. Many big names have played on the stage of the historic Florida Theatre, including Elvis Presley in 1956.
4. Each November, Downtown Jacksonville participates in ArtRepublic, an art festival featuring renowned international muralists.
5. MOCA Jacksonville houses Project Atrium, a gallery space featuring large-scale, site-specific works from emerging international artists.
7. Dozens of local artists occupy studio and gallery space at CoRK Arts District in Riverside.
8. The Cummer Museum’s permanent collection features a dynamic gathering of renowned works from 2100 B.C. through the contemporary age.
9. Throughout the school year, the Jax Kids Mural Project visits Title I schools across Duval County to engage students in mural-painting.
10. In 2017, the Jacksonville Public Library established the Jax Makerspace Gallery, a themed space for artists to thrive.