Dog friendly lunch recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
- Corner Taco - Mexclectic taco joint that started out as a food truck.
- Carolina Jax - known for their Angus smash burgers, the brand is continuously labeled the best burger in Northeast Florida.
- Biscottis - a small bistro style restaurant specializing in eclectic American cuisine infused with Southern charm and some of the best desserts in Jacksonville.
- Mojo No. 4 - a premier barbecue, southern food, and craft cocktail destination
- Southern Grounds
After lunch recommendations:
- Bark on Park Boutique - A local boutique offering natural food, baked goods, human apparel, and the most innovative and entertaining accessories in the city for your four-legged friend.
- Memorial Park - Located along the banks of the majestic St. Johns River, this six-acre park draws visitors from across the Northeast Florida community. On any given day, families and friends, athletes and yogis, sunbathers, fishermen, and readers enjoy a quiet respite with magnificent views from this landmark open space.
- Kanine Social – Where dogs and their owners are welcome to stay for a beer, a coffee, a game, or a whole day at the outdoor park. Pre-registration is required to visit.
Dog friendly dinner recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
Enjoy a sunrise walk or morning bike ride on the beach.
Dog friendly breakfast/brunch/lunch recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
Check out of the hotel and get ready to head to the Murray Hill area.
Local art, delicious food, craft beer, and passionate makers have transformed Murray Hill into one of the most colorful neighborhoods in Jacksonville. Located between hip Riverside and historic Avondale, this old-yet-new-again area has become the spot for young entrepreneurs to open innovative restaurants, boutiques, bottle shops and businesses.
Take a self-guided tour of the Murray Hill/Avondale Murals
- Start at the corner of Edgewood Ave and Plymouth Street, which is the Bill Murray/Welcome to Murray Hill mural. Number 4 on the map linked above.
- Address for GPS purposes: 1204 Edgewood Ave S, Jacksonville, FL 32205
- Walk down Edgewood Ave to see a dozen murals created by local artists. Keep an eye out for some creative mosaics as well.
As you’re exploring the murals, stop by these places for a snack, to browse, or have lunch:
- Community Loaves - baking sourdough bread with organic flour, croissants from scratch and serving a menu that highlights seasonal and local produce with outdoor patio seating.
- Vagabond Coffee – locally roasted coffee and baked goods (try their homemade pop-tarts) with an outdoor patio.
- Moon River Pizza - fun, fresh and rockin' pizza place with hand-cut veggies, hand-made and rolled dough prepared everyday and stone baked. Order to go and dine in a nearby park.
- Fishweir Brewery - Part of the Jax Ale Trail and serving locally made beer with a relaxing outdoor green space.
- Murray Hillbilly - vegan, gluten free, southern comfort food with a spacious back patio.
- Dreamette – local favorite for ice cream and treats.
- The Walrus – juice, smoothies and vegan food.
- Bee Friends Farm - pure, raw, local honey and a variety of creamed honey.
After lunch, head to nearby Springfield to explore the new dog park that includes an area for large dogs and a separate area for small dogs. Located at 956 Hubbard St., the park features multiple repurposed precast concrete structures, decorated by local artists RouxArt.