Florida-Georgia Weekend Itinerary
The first weekend of November come watch the Gators and Dawgs face off at TIAA Bank Field and spend an unforgettable rivalry weekend in Jacksonville!
Jax, as locals call it, is a major sport town with one of the most exciting football stadiums in the nation. Come for the game, but don’t just spend your time inside the stadium (no matter how cool it is!) plan enough time to explore our waterways, nightlife, food scene and fun attractions as you enjoy the long weekend in our destination. Come enjoy a game in Jax, it’s easier here!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1:
Arrive into town and get the weekend started in the best way!
It’s easier to travel to Jacksonville with more than 100 daily flights to Jacksonville International Airport and if you choose to drive into town, you can take both I-10 and I-95 here.
What to enjoy?
- Baseball: For the best start to the sports-filled weekend, check out the Gators vs. Dawgs Fall Exhibition game at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Come cheer on your team in this exciting rivalry. Immediately following the game, Brett Young will perform at the baseball grounds for the kickoff of the Bold City Bash. Purchase your tickets!
- Explore the Historic neighborhoods near Downtown: Head to San Marco, Springfield, Riverside and Avondale. Enjoy the local food scene in each neighborhood, the historic vibes and the very fun nightlife at the San Marco Square, Five Points District, King Street in Riverside, Main Street in Springfield and the Shoppes of Avondale.
- Jax Ale Trail: Grab your passport and enjoy a local brew at one of Jacksonville’s 20 craft breweries. Intuition Ale Works is in the Sports Complex, Bold City Brewing Company is in Downtown’s core and Strings in Springfield has basketball hoops to enjoy.
- Rooftop Bars & Restaurants: Watch the sun go down while you enjoy a delicious craft cocktail and a creative local meal at one of our cool rooftop bars in Downtown, Riverside, the Beaches and Southside areas.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2: It’s game time!
What to enjoy?
- Local Coffee: Get the day going with a cup of freshly brewed coffee before heading out to the game. Jacksonville’s locally owned coffee shops have specialty drinks, artisan baked goods and great local people to chat with! Southern Grounds, Southern Roots, Bold Bean Coffee, Vagabond Coffee, Chamblins Uptown, Social Grounds are all great spots for a good cup of liquid gold!
- RAM: The game is not until the afternoon, so spend your Jax morning at the Riverside Arts Market. Mingle with the locals, enjoy live music, grab local food and spend a fun morning next to the St. Johns River. You can also explore the Cummer Museum and head to the Five Points district for lunch.
- Downtown Tailgates: We know how to tailgate in Jax! There are several fun options starting before the game.
- The Block Party: This is an all-new event on Adams St. and A. Philip Randolph Blvd. There will be live entertainment, giveaways, food trucks featuring Jacksonville’s best eats, a beer garden with local brews and interactive experiences.
- Fan Fare at Daily’s Place
- GTE Ultimate Tailgate
- Tailgate Guys
- RV City
- Game Time: The Game kicks off at 3:30 but be sure to get there with plenty of time to enjoy all the festivities. Find out everything you need to know about the game here.
For more information on what to do around Jacksonville, stop by our Visitors Center at 208 N Laura St #102, Jacksonville, FL 32202.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3: Explore the Town!
What to enjoy?
- Sunday Brunch: After a fun night out in the town everyone needs a little Sunday Brunch. Jacksonville has one of the best food scenes in the South. Check out our best 43 bites here.
- Beach Day: You can’t leave Jacksonville without a trip to one of our beaches, we have 22 miles of them! You can get active or relax before heading home. Jax is one of the best stops to learn how to surf in Florida, and we have bike and board rentals. Hit the Beaches Town Center for delicious local dining spots that you’ll find only in Jax. Our beaches are fun and very easy to just unwind and relax in!
See you back in Jax soon!
About the Author
Local Expert- Only In Jax