It's Shrimp Season in Jacksonville!
Fun facts about Jacksonville's baseball team - the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp!
It’s opening day for the Jumbo Shrimp! We thought we would share some fun facts that you might not be aware of:
1. The Jumbo Shrimp name and logo, unveiled in November 2016, represents Jacksonville as Florida’s largest city, but truly it’s a Big Small Town. The Jumbo Shrimp also represent the unique water geography of Jacksonville and our specialty – Mayport Shrimp – and of course, it expresses the fun of Minor League Baseball!
2. Shrimp games are Affordable Family Fun: Tickets start at $5 every game, and a $2 hot dog is available at every game.
3. Jacksonville has been a member of the Double-A Southern League since 1970. The Jumbo Shrimp are an affiliate of the Miami Marlins with the season from April to September offering 75 home games.
4. At Sunday home games, kids get the opportunity to run the bases with the mascots. Yes, there are two - Southpaw, who was a Suns’ fan favorite, and Scampi, who joined a few years ago.
5. Fireworks! Every home Friday and Saturday night game this year will be followed by a fireworks show. Check their full schedule for other special promotions.
Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Minor League Baseball
Celebrate baseball’s traditions with the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp at 121 Financial Park.