Jacksonville Hotels: From Touchups to Multi-Million Overhauls
Jacksonville’s hotels are staying fresh with updates and renovations, see who's making a statement below.
Who's Getting A Little Work Done:
- Northeast Florida’s largest convention hotel, Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, is in the middle of a major, multi-million dollar guest room renovation. Rooms and suites are being completely re-imagined. Additional renovation upgrades will include the hotel’s roof top fitness center and Regency Club lounge. The lounge will now offer improved networking areas, work stations overlooking the city skyline and a meeting room available for small meetings and gatherings.
- The Omni Jacksonville Hotel has completed a full renovations of their guest rooms.
- The Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront is changing flags and undergoing major renovations. The Downtown hotel recently completed full guest room renovations with a new design inspired by the bridges and waterways of Northeast Florida. With cool blue and natural sand hues, the hotels newly redesigned guest rooms tastefully capture the natural beauty of the St. Johns River and Atlantic Ocean. To complement the new room designs, the hotel is currently embarking upon a total overhaul of its lobby, multiple restaurants and lounges, and 12,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. Upon completion in September 2015, the hotel is excited to reopen as DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Riverfront with a reinvented look and revitalized culture.
- Embassy Suites has completed a full renovation of guest suites, meeting space and conversion for a new restaurant.
- The Courtyard Oceanfront in Jacksonville Beach completed a $1.3 million room renovation in March. Previously, the hotel also completed a lobby renovation to include a bistro serving Starbucks and daily treats– totaling $1.2 million.
- Renovations have been completed on the new Doubletree Hilton at the Jacksonville International Airport. This was a full renovation of the hotel including guest rooms, meeting space, restaurant and all public space.
What's New in Jacksonville:
- The Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk has been purchased and is now part of Lexington Hotels, who also operates the brand Best Value Inn. The new name of the property is Lexington Hotel & Conference Center Jacksonville Riverwalk. Renovations are expected soon.
- Plans have been approved for a $23 million hotel at the corner of Magnolia and Forest streets in the new Brooklyn neighborhood in Downtown Jacksonville. The new hotel will offer 150 wellness-themed, market-rate hotel rooms. EVEN Hotels is being considered for the project with a 24-month build out period.
- At the popular intersection of Beach and Hodges boulevards, in Jacksonville’s Southside, developer Kirit Patidar is planning an 88-room TownePlace Suites by Marriott. The new hotel will be located next to a Hampton Inn & Suites.
- In Jacksonville’s Arlington neighborhood, a 70-room La Quinta is being developed. The hotel will be located near Merrill Road and the Southside Connector. The 1.2-acre site is next to a Candlewood Suites.
- Courtyard by Marriott is expected to open late 2017 in Downtown Jacksonville’s Laura Street Trio. The owner of the Trio has signed a contract with Winegardner & Hammons of Cincinnati to manage the Courtyard by Marriott hotel planned for the buildings.
New Meeting Venues & Meeting Venues Renovations
- The BARge will launch as a floating rental venue available for corporate and community events, weddings, parties, and more. This unique new venue utilizes one of Jacksonville’s most beautiful assets, the St. Johns River, and offers flexible space for events of all types. The barge should be up and floating in late Fall/Winter 2015.
- Meet where the NFL action takes place! TIAA Field, in Jacksonville’s Sports Complex, now has a unique feature no other NFL stadium has. TIAA Bank Field’s pool cabanas are available to use as meeting space. Book them during a game day for an incredible team building experience, or rent the space when the team is away and own the stadium. Your choice.
- Located in the hip Brooklyn area of Downtown Jacksonville, Unity Plaza will officially open as an outdoors event venue in late summer 2015. Featuring a botanical garden and wellness center, food and beverage kiosks, an amphitheater and a community center.
- Sweet Pete’s, Jacksonville’s own Candy Factory, has a new Downtown location in the completely renovated historic Seminole Club. The new Factory offers flexible event space on the top two floors, perfect for a board meeting, after-hours event, or group candy-making class.
- The Jessie Ball DuPont Center (formerly the Haydon Burns Library) in Downtown Jacksonville opened in June 2015 as a nonprofit hub. After $21M in renovations, the building will also house a conference center, a lecture hall, 12 meeting rooms, reception spaces, a catering kitchen and more, including plans for a green roof garden that will be available for special events.
- bestbet Poker, located in Jacksonville’s Arlington neighborhood, now offers free flexible meeting space.
- The historic Florida Theatre in Downtown Jacksonville will undergo a facelift for its impressive facade.
- Hemming Park, Jacksonville’s first city park and current epicenter of family and business activities in Downtown Jacksonville, will receive $100,000 from Southwest Airlines in partnership with Project for Public Spaces. The grant money was awarded to the organization as part of Southwest Airlines and Project for Public Spaces’ “Heart of the Community” program, which aims to help activate public space in cities.
- Jacksonville has a new Southbank Riverwalk. Measuring 4,000 feet, the Riverwalk serves as a hub for activity and entertainment along the water in Downtown Jacksonville. Featuring two floating docks, two permanent slips for dinner cruise boats, ample event space and a Navy memorial with interactive fountain, the Riverwalk is set to host a range of events and activities Downtown.
Considering Jacksonville for your next conference or meeting, connect with one of our Sales Managers to receive the inside scoop on everything happening in our city.