Jacksonville’s beer scene is thriving. The area is home to more than 25 locally owned and operated craft breweries that are all part of the Jax Ale Trail. Breweries along the Ale Trail offer unique takes on IPAs, ales, barrel aged stouts, pilsners and more. Every beer lover needs to visit Jacksonville, if we may say so ourselves.
If beer isn't your thing, try one of Jacksonville's distilleries. The area's growing distillery scene includes makers focused on vodka, whiskey, rum and gin.
Mention coffee in Jacksonville and people may think of coffee giant, Maxwell House, which operates the last remaining plant in the United States in Downtown Jacksonville. If you're looking for something local, we've got plenty of that too! Check out a few of them below.
- With a local cult-like following, Bold Bean Coffee has two locations in Jacksonville and partners with several breweries for unique craft beers.
- In addition to sourcing the best coffee from around the world and roasting it in-house, Social Grounds works with the City of Jacksonville to employ and empower homeless veterans.
- Vagabond aims to create an environment allowing everybody to come together as a community and enjoy a great cup of coffee.
- BREW is an espresso bar in the heart of Historic Five Points serving brunch every day. Discover new things, make new friends, and enjoy yourself in the process.
- In the Southside neighborhood you'll find Brass Tacks Coffee. They offer some of the most unique flavor combinations. If you are in need of some extra fuel for your day, order your drink "Florida Man Style", you'll be ordering a hefty 32-ounce coffee.
- Urban Grind is a staple for the folks that work in Downtown Jacksonville. You will always see a line for this favorite in the early morning hours.
Sex trafficking survivors become creative powerhouses at this Jacksonville nonprofit. The organization recycles materials to create beautiful products that can be shipped across the nation. Their story is one of on empowerment and awareness as Rethreaded provides employment for survivors of human trafficking in Jacksonville. Rethreaded also operates as a distribution company that sells products from like-minded businesses who also employ women who have found freedom from the sex trade.
Wolf & Cub
This finely curated concept shop in Downtown Jacksonville is packed with independently produced products, interesting goods for the home and beautiful things to wear for women and men. The Wolf & Cub brand proudly offers one-of-a-kind jewelry, local hand-screenprinted clothing, unique vintage finds and curiosities that stand out in a crowd. Their Jax-branded products are beautiful and can be purchased all across the nation on their website.
This one-of-a-kind antique store is “committed to reducing waste, repurposing supplies, and providing reclaimed and discount building materials to our community.” They clean out buildings being renovated or torn down and resell the items in this huge store. Anything from antique doorknobs, reclaimed wood, bathtubs, furniture, you name it! They also have their own woodworking shop and use their products to create beautiful pieces. Even if you aren’t remodeling, it’s inspirational just to explore the store and consider all that is there!
Jacksonville has thousands of incredible artists, makers and designers. It would be nearly impossible to list them all but the #OnlyInJax Marketplace is a great resource to help you find local products. Find anything from candles and jewelry to cocktail kits and spices. We can assure you everything is made with love and passion. Browse the online marketplace here.