#JaxfromHome Virtual Experience Hub
Cabin fever setting in? There are only so many snacks & Netflix shows I can enjoy before I need to get up from the couch and get moving!
In an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19, we are all staying home (as best as we can) and instead of moving around we are all just day dreaming of our next getaway, when it is safe to be outside together and run with open arms and hug the Atlantic ocean and all the trees and eat all the chips at our fav Mexican spot… well at least that’s what I’m dreaming of. So, until then, I invite you to virtually explore the flavors and sights of Jacksonville with all its exciting attractions, parks, boutiques, breweries and restaurants from the comfort of your own couch with the new #JaxFromHome Virtual Experience Hub.
And no, sadly you won’t be able to smell the Jax ocean breeze or taste that delicious looking dish in our favorite restaurant (that part of the internet hasn’t been invented just yet 😉) but if you add all these wonderful Jax discoveries to your “To Experience” list then you will one day (hopefully very soon) get to enjoy them for yourself right here in Jacksonville!
So, while we all practice social isolation you can go to our Virtual Experience Hub and travel virtually to Jax.
- Watch the 360-degree Immersive Videos:
- You can ride your first wave in Jacksonville Beach, reel in a big one on the Intracoastal Waterway, enjoy a concert by the Jacksonville Symphony and go hiking at the Timucuan Preserve, all in your pajamas. It’s the next best thing to being here in Jax!
- Check out live camera feeds from across Jacksonville including a live look at the beaches, the Jacksonville Zoo, Downtown Jacksonville, the surf report and the historic Riverside neighborhood. You can’t be outside, but you can still enjoy the views!
- Follow @visit_jax and the #JaxFromHome hashtag on social media to discover all the creative ways our local hospitality industry is still doing business:
- Curbside pickup at local restaurants.
- Live Instagram and Facebook watch parties at local attractions including the Jacksonville Zoo, Jacksonville Symphony and Catty Shack Ranch.
- Twitter chats with local makers & businesses on what they love about Jax.
- Virtual classes from our top chefs, artists and entertainers.
- Discover the best spots to purchase gift cards to local businesses to use now or later.
- Use the Virtual Trip Planner on our website to explore our site and save your favorite things to do & see, then you can print them out and have your Jacksonville visit ready for when it is safe to travel.
- Follow our Virtual Events Calendar to find out all the fun online events Jacksonville’s attractions have planned while we are all #safeathome.
- Check out our Now & Later #onlyinjax Deals for ways to shop now for your future Jacksonville trip.
- We also have fun resources to keep you entertained! Check out our printable word search puzzles, coloring sheets and family-friendly activities.
All these virtual Jacksonville travel resources are available on our Virtual Experience Hub, you can access it from your home computer or smart phone. We miss you and cannot wait to see you in Jax, until then, here goes a virtual hug and stay safe!
About the Author
Local Expert- Only In Jax