Local Expert Guest
- Things to Do
- Food & Drink
- Where to Stay
- Travel Tools
Calvin, Jacksonville Giants Forward, is a local to Jacksonville and has lived here for over 30 years, so who better to ask questions about this great city than to a Duval local.
We are so excited to be sharing our fan experience with The Jacksonville Giants and our recent interview with Giants player, Calvin Warner! But before we jump into that, we want to mention some of our favorite things about attending a Giants game and celebrate their current winning season with a record of 4-0! They have also won the ABA National Championship in 2012, 2013, 2016 and 2017. This year the ABA is also celebrating its 50th Anniversary so what better time to experience a Giants game.
First of all, we are big foodies, so we make sure to always head to the concessions stands at Vystar Memorial Arena before the game or during half time. We love getting some nachos and a soda! Watching the Jacksonville Jewels and Jacksonville Gems dance teams perform is so entertaining, so make your snack break quick to make it back for their performance! And we can’t forget about Jacksonville Giants mascot, Mr. Biggs . There is not much that can top seeing Mr. Biggs slam dunk a basketball! If you are lucky, you will be in the clear for catching a t-shirt from their t-shirt cannon.
We had the privilege to ask a Giants player some questions about their favorite things about Jacksonville! Calvin is a local to Jacksonville and has lived here for over 30 years, so who better to ask questions about this great city than to a Duval local.
● Favorite local spot to eat is Soul Food Bistro
● Favorite thing to do in Jacksonville is going to Escape Rooms. He also loves family time and taking his kids to Adventure Landing and Velocity Trampoline Park.
● When someone comes into town to visit, he takes them to the beach, and to the St. Johns Town Center.
● Something that surprised him about Jacksonville is the growth!
● Favorite neighborhood in Jax is Southside - towards the beach area. This is where he grew up so it is “the strongest side for him.”
If you are a Jacksonville local like Calvin, then you probably agree that Jacksonville has grown over the years with new buildings, new businesses, and new spots but what has remained as the heart of Jax is the sports scene. If you have yet to attend a sports game this year, there is no better time to grab tickets to a Giants game.
Local Expert Guest