Ten Things to Know About GastroFest: Jax Food Festival
GastroFest, Jacksonville's popular food festival, will be back for it's fourth year on March 24, 2018 from 11am-7pm.
New Location at MOSH and Friendship Fountain
The location of the event, which was previously hosted at Hemming Park, has been moved to Jacksonville's Museum of Science & History (MOSH) and Friendship Fountain.
So, what is GastroFest? It is a cash-based food and alcohol festival in the heart of Jacksonville. Food vendors will be set up to sell plates of food, and each vendor has been asked to have at least one item on the menu that is between $1-3, for the public to sample the flavors of their restaurant of choice. Beer and alcohol will be provided by local breweries and distilleries.
Enjoy the day outside, while grubbing on delicious Jacksonville eats, while listening to live music, in the company of your family and friends.
TEN THINGS TO KNOW about GastroFest, shared by event organizers:
- Jacksonville Transit Authority will be running for free throughout the festival. You can park anywhere near a Skyway station Downtown and get off at the San Marco station!
- VIP tickets are available and offer an exclusive experience. With access to an exclusive area on the MOSH rooftop, and tastes from Moxie, Town Hall, Gilbert’s Hot Chicken, Fish +Shrimp, Berndt Ends BBQ, drink tickets, bathroom access at the MOSH and more! Swag and giveaways from vendors may also be included in some VIP ticket packages.
- Bring your pets! GastroFest is a pet-friendly festival, so feel free to bring your well-behaved and leashed pets. Bark on Park & Bark Downtown is the official pet sponsor, and will be providing water bowls for dogs throughout the park. Grab a treat for your furry friend at their booth in the festival!
- Snag free samples at the Sawyer Gas Demo Stage.
- Calling all beer lovers! Check out the Jax Beer Society Homebrew Competition at 3 p.m. for free beer samples from local homebrewers at River City Brewing Company. Past competitions have yielded amazing brews from hobbyists who have, since, opened breweries and meaderies.
- Grab a Deliciously Duval festival shirt while you're here! Sponsored by Great Atlantic Outfitters. Find them at the info tent!
- Be sure to check out Chameleon Cold Brew! They are a Flavor Sponsor for the fest, and while they aren’t locally-based like most of our vendors, their organic sourcing standards are in line with our green ethos. Find them in the Marketplace and taste of their delicious cold brew.
- Green Plate Sponsorship. Provided by Delegal Law Offices. This sponsorship helps to keep our events within the fest (such as the cooking stage) green.
- Vegan Wine Tasting! Featuring The Zen Butcher Company at 5:30 p.m. They create a diverse line up of artisan vegan meats and cheeses that are sure to trick even the most devout carnivore, and will be providing their products to pair with a variety of wines. Tickets to this event are included in the highest level of VIP. See 904tix.com for more information.
- Limited tickets are available for classes! Classes include, Honey Tasting with Bee Friends Farm at 12:15 p.m. ($12 before platform fees), Kimchi Class from Bellwether at 1:30 p.m. ($10 before platform fees). See GastroFest's website for more details on classes. Tickets to these classes are also included in the highest level of VIP.
For more information, check out the GastroFest website here.