Top 5 Things to Do at the Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center
The Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center is Jacksonville’s premier meeting and conventions facility.
Located right in Downtown, the Prime is close to more than 2,000 hotel rooms and dozens of dining and nightlife options.
1. The Prime used to be Jacksonville’s train depot. It first opened its doors in 1919, at the time, it was the largest train station in the South. In 1986, the city partnered with local businesses to transform it into a Convention Center.
2. The Center has 78,000 square feet of divisible exhibit space, perfect for any team sport that needs lots of room.
3. The halls are fitted with 33-foot ceilings. Volleyball anyone?
4. The Center is the only convention center to be transformed from a railroad station. A train car is in the parking lot, honoring the site’s history.
5. In the past the Prime Osborn has hosted cheerleading, wrestling, baton twirling and volleyball tournaments.
Address: 1000 Water St, Jacksonville, FL 32204