Jacksonville is North Florida’s urban hub, a young and modern city with equal parts Florida Flavor and Southern Hospitality. As the largest city in the continental U.S., Jacksonville is the perfect place to extended your trip this February. Come in early or stay after the Championships to explore and discover something new, from our extensive park system (the largest in the nation with two national parks, seven state parks, and more than 400 city parks), to our beautiful white-sandy beaches (22 miles of them), and its historic neighborhoods that include Riverside, Avondale, Downtown, Jacksonville, Springfield and Murray Hill. When in town be sure to check out these “Only in Jax” spots:'
Must Do Attractions:
- Jax Ale Trail
- St. Johns Town Center
- Top to Bottom Walking Tour of Downtown
- Riverside Arts Market
- The Cummer Museum and Gardens of Jacksonville
- Kayak Amelia Eco-Tour
- Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- Sweet Pete’s Tour in Downtown
Jacksonville’s Best Locally Owned and Sourced Restaurants:
- 13 Gypsies in Riverside: 13gypsies.com (Fantastic tapas dinner)
- Bistro AIX in San Marco: bistrox.com (Classic Jacksonville restaurant for a dinner date)
- Black Sheep in Riverside: blacksheep5points.com (Rooftop dinner and drinks)
- Super Food and Brew: superfoodandbrew.com
- Community Loaves in Murray Hill: communityloaves.com (Breakfast)
- Corner Taco in Five Points Riverside: cornertaco.com (Lunch and dinner)
- Goozlepipe & Guttyworks in Riverside (Dinner)
- Indochine in Downtown: indochinejax.com (Great lunch and dinner)
- Knead Bakeshop in Murray Hill: kneadabakeshop (Breakfast and lunch)
- Maple Street Biscuit Company (Has 3 locations in Jax): maplestreetbiscuits.com (Hearty breakfast)
- Matthews in San Marco: matthewsrestaurant.com (Great for an elegant date night)
- Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails:moxiefl.com (Great lunch, dinner and brunch)
- Orsay in Avondale: restaurantorsay.com (Great brunch and dinner)
- Sweet Theory in Riverside: SweetRevolutionBakingCo (Vegan bakery, best donuts ever!)
- Taverna in San Marco: tavernasanmarco.com (Great lunch and dinner)
Best Coffee in Jacksonville:
- Bold Bean Coffee in Riverside and Jacksonville Beach: www.boldbeancoffee.com
- Volstead in Downtown: thevolsteadjax.com (On Sundays they do Swing dancing lessons)
- The Grape and Grain Exchange in the San Marco Square: grapeandgrainexchange.com (Go behind the velvet rope, or the bookcase, and enter The Parlour for great live music!)
- Bistro AIX in San Marco
- Black Sheep Rooftop Bar in Riverside
- Dos Gatos in Downtown
We actually have a whole list of the Top 26 Best Drinks by locally owned places.
Do not leave without…
- Taking a selfie at Friendship Fountain overlooking the Jacksonville Skyline.
- Running, biking or walking the RiverWalk from Downtown to Riverside.
- Sipping a beer at one of our local tap rooms and getting your Jax Ale Trail Passport stamped.
- Taking a ride on the Jacksonville Water Taxi in Downtown.
- Watching a movie at Sun Ray Cinema in Five Points in Riverside.
- Visiting the Gardens at the Cummer Museum. They are nearly 100 years old.
- Paddleboarding in Jacksonville Beach.
- Shop till' you drop at the St. Johns Town Center.
- Drinking one of the Top 26 Best Drinks in Jacksonville. It’s an “Only in Jax” experience!
- Taking a kayaking tour of the Timucuan Preserve with Kayak Amelia.
- Checking out the Land of the Tiger and African Forest exhibits at the Zoo.
- Visiting Atlantic Beach, it’s only 15 miles from Downtown and it is as quaint a beach town as they get!