Florida’s most affordable destination offers families the chance to have an amazing time without opening their wallets, from luxurious hotels with low rates to free parking at the beaches; Jacksonville offers visitors the experience of a lifetime without paying for it for life.
16 free activity Ideas for families during Kids Free November:
- Enjoy a day by the river with music, food and local crafts at the Riverside Arts Market.
- Soak in the history and heritage of Florida's First Coast beach communities at the Beaches Museum & History Park.
- Go for a hike and explore Jacksonville’s green areas at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens.
- Visit dozens of local galleries during ArtWalk every first Wednesday of the month.
- Spend the day at Jacksonville Beach, building sandcastles and hunting for sharks teeth.
- Visit Kingsley Plantation, the oldest Plantation house in Florida.
- Take a tour of the Budweiser Brewery and enjoy a free beer tasting.
- Ride the Jacksonville Skyway. It connects the Southbank’s Museum of Science and History and Friendship Fountain with the Northbank’s Jacksonville Landing in downtown Jacksonville.
- The Jacksonville Landing has free music and entertainment during the weekends.
- Tour Sally Corporation, makers of animatronics and dark rides. Tours are offered hourly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-1 p.m. (every month except July & August). Tours are FREE of charge but you must make a reservation.
- Don’t miss Fort Caroline National Memorial in the Timucuan Ecological & Historic Preserve where families explore a replica fort built by the first European settler’s and artifacts from the days of the Timucuan Indians.
- Browse 50 plus vendor booths with fresh produce, seafood and so much more from sun up to sun down at the oldest farmers market in Florida—The Jacksonville Farmers Market.
- Time for a ‘selfie’, Friendship Fountain located on the Southbank of Downtown is a perfect spot day or night for a photo op.
- Green is our color, Jacksonville has the largest outdoor urban park systems in the United States, with over 80,000 acres of parks. Choose from one of many Parks to explore while visiting.
- Enjoy the sea breeze at Jax Beach Art Walk the second Tuesday of every month.
- Stop into the Jacksonville Public Library for story time with the kids.