Jacksonville Tourism Statistics
- Jacksonville had an estimated 23.3 million visitors in 2021, 10.6 million in overnight visitors and another 12.7 million for day trips.
- Recent forecasts for Jacksonville’s future are positive. STR forecasts Duval County to end 2022 at nearly 74% hotel occupancy with an average rate of $120, and $89 revenue per available hotel room, ALL exceeding any prior year making it the strongest year in Duval Tourism history.
- February and March 2022 sold more rooms and earned 20% more room revenue than when Jacksonville hosted the Super Bowl in February 2005.
- March 2022 was the best month in Duval tourism history. It had the most hotel rooms sold, the largest amount of room revenue, the best average daily rate for any month, and the first month where revenue per available hotel room exceeded $100.
- 11% of Jacksonville employees work in the tourism industry - over 50,000 employees. That's 1 in every 17 persons.
- Duval County has almost 19,000 hotel rooms. That’s more rooms than our neighboring tourist areas in Nassau County and St. Johns County combined.
You are invited to join Visit Jacksonville as we celebrate National Travel & Tourism Week on Tuesday, May 3 from 3 to 6 pm at our Visitor Center at 100 N. Laura Street, Suite 120. Light refreshments will be served.