It's GameTime Anytime in Jacksonville!
Sports are a way of life in Jacksonville. With our amazing year-round weather, locals love to get outside and cheer for their favorite professional athletes or hit the pavement, fairway, or skatepark themselves! How well do you know your Jacksonville sports trivia? Read up on sports facts below to find out!
Copy Code to Share Infographic on Your Site
Click to Tweet these Jacksonville Sports Facts:
- It's always gametime in Jacksonville, home to eight professional sports teams! Tweet This!
- The Gate River Run is the largest 15k in the entire US! Tweet This!
- 263: Number of jaguar paw prints found on Bay Street from the Main Street Bridge to EverBank Field. Tweet This!
- 1,220: Holes of golf in Northeast Florida on over 70 courses. Tweet This!
- 50,000 Cubic Yards: Amount of sand removed to create the famous 17th island green at THE PLAYERS. Tweet This!
- Established in 1977, Kona Skatepark is the longest surviving skatepark in the world. Tweet This!
- 1933: The first year the Florida-Georgia game was held in Jax. Tweet This!
- Jacksonville is home to two colleges and two universities with sports teams. Tweet This!
- The TaxSlayer Bowl is 71 years old, the sixth oldest college bowl and the first ever nationally televised. Tweet This!
- The 26.2 With Donna is the only marathon and half marathon dedicated to breast cancer research and care. Tweet This!