Nature Tour: Where to Spot Dolphin in JAX
A guide to enjoying dolphin-watching while in Jacksonville.
There are many places in Jacksonville to spot dolphins. Be sure to have the camera ready for when dolphins come up to the water surface!
- River Taxi: The best view point to spot a dolphin in the wild is out on the water. No boat? No problem! The River Taxi is a great way to sight see with 5 stops to hop on and off in Downtown. Throughout the day, the River Taxi runs up and down the St. Johns River. Check out the River Taxi’s schedule and the eco tours offered. Address: 1025 Museum Cir Jacksonville, FL 32207
- River Walk: This is the ideal location for a leisure stroll along the St. Johns River. Take in all the beautiful views from the downtown skyline, sunsets and dolphin sightings. Address: 1001 Museum Cir, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Memorial Park: Located in Riverside, this riverfront park has parking nearby. With lots of green space to walk along the water and park benches this is the perfect place to sit and enjoy the river views while you dolphin watch. It is a plus to bring binoculars if you have them. Address: 1620 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Stinson Park: Launch your kayak from this launch site in the Ortega neighborhood and go explore the waters in the search for wild dolphins. Address: 4050 San Juan Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Mayport Boat Ramp: Launch your boat or kayak from the Mayport Boat Ramp. You can also watch dolphins play in the water near the floating docks. Address: 4870 Ocean St, Jacksonville, FL 32233
- Jacksonville Beach Pier: Who doesn’t love sightseeing from the beach?! With public parking right by the pier, this spot s easily accessible to the public. You can have a bird’s eye view when spotting dolphin from the pier. Address: 503 1st St N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250