Minutes away from Jacksonville's city center, a natural wonderland awaits. Let's Have an Adventure!
The abundant parks, waterways and ecological preserves in Jacksonville provide an unforgettable opportunity to escape city life and get active in nature’s playground!
Get to know the birds, plants, and animals that inhabit our wild and untouched state parks and nature preserves. Hike, bike, or run on miles of shaded trails or experience the great outdoors with an evening of camping. For an unforgettable wildlife adventure, bring the whole family to one of our many animal related attractions.
Miles of untouched woodlands, marshes, beaches, and waterways await your observation and discovery. Jacksonville proudly boasts the largest urban park system in the country, with more than 80,000 designated acres, including the 46,000-acre Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve.
Explore Northeast Florida’s unique ecosystem by hiking or biking along miles of designated nature trails, where you may spot one of hundreds of local bird species. Escape the everyday by spending an evening camping under the stars in one of our exquisite parks.
- Jacksonville proudly boasts the largest urban park system in the country with more than 80,000 acres including 400 city parks, seven state parks, three national parks and dozens of gardens and arboretums.
- With warm temperatures throughout the year and dozens of beaches nearby, Jacksonville has unlimited recreational possibilities.
- The Atlantic coast of Northern Florida is a popular spot for surfing, swimming, fishing and boating.
- Lively Jacksonville Beach is the most popular surfing, swimming, sunbathing, fishing and boating beach in Jacksonville.
- Jax ranked 35th in the nation for Best Parks. ParkScore, 2012.
- Come hike, kayak, bike, camp, fish and explore our green areas, you can even go horseback riding on the beach or do yoga while paddleboarding on the Intracoastal!
- Read more on How to Experience Jacksonville's Wildlife.
Fun in the Water
Beaches & Waterways
With 1,100 miles of navigable water, Jax has more shoreline than any other city in the nation.
Get ready to reel in a big one! Fish Jacksonville’s more than 1,110 miles of interior shorelines.
Boating & Sailing
With more shoreline than any other Florida city, it makes sense that there are plenty of opportunities to put your boat in the water and explore!
With a strong surfing culture and a wide range of paddling experiences Jacksonville has some of the best water sports action in Florida.
Jacksonville’s Diving & Fishing Reefs
It’s probably not one of the first things you think about when you think of Jacksonville, but it should be!
Surf's up! With some of the best surfing in Florida, Jacksonville is the perfect place for first-timers to seasoned veterans. Take a lesson on a long board, watch the surfers catch waves…