Billie Tucker Volpe
5210 Yacht Club Road
Jacksonville FL 32210
10.4 miles from the Vystar Memorial Arena
- Ballroom / Banquet Hall
- Bar / Cocktail Lounge, Outdoor Space, Ballroom / Banquet Hall, Conference / Meeting Room
- The Florida Yacht Club was organized in 1876 for the purpose of promoting yachting and social enjoyment.
- At the time, Jacksonville was the East coast's southernmost center of winter social activities and recreation, attracting affluent families to the area by rail and water. Jacksonville, with the St. Johns river, rail connections, and grand hotels was a natural vacation destination for businessmen of the Industrial Revolution.
- The first meeting of the Club's members was held on April 28th, 1877 and William B. Astor, Jr. was elected Commodore.
- A lifetime membership fee of thirty-five dollars was also established.
- Today, The Florida Yacht Club plays host to weddings, numerous annual regattas and social events, and is recognized as one of Florida's most prestigious private Clubs.
- Experience the Deep South on the River where you plan how to take down the Deep State in November!
Florida Yacht Club requests a total buyout of the club for the RNC event. The entire club will be made available and all amenities can be used. Let us help you plan a sailing class, croquet tournament, boating experience, and fishing.