Sun-Ray Cinemas opened in March 1927 and was originally named Riverside Theater. The marquee is from 1949 when the theater was remodeled and renamed Five Points Theater. the theater closed for a few years, was a dance club and a private event space. Current owners, Tim Massett and his wife Shana David-Massett raised funds to take over theater and renovate the space. Sun-Ray Cinemas was opened in December 2011.