We thought it was time we took the effort to share more. Starting this week, we will be telling you more about the things Visit Jacksonville does and sharing ways you can take advantage of opportunities or learn more. You will see these things posted weekly on our LinkedIn page, shared biweekly in this newsletter, and loaded to this website as an ongoing resource.
1. We send a biweekly email called Only In Jax Facts. It includes all the things you need to know about what’s going on in Jacksonville, opportunities to work with Visit Jacksonville and more. Obviously, those of you reading this in the email already know this, but does the rest of your team get our email? Have you fully explored all that you can find inside this email? Watch this video for a quick overview of all you can find in our bi-weekly email. Share this sign-up link with others and help us grow this email list.
2. Let us show you the numbers! Visit Jacksonville subscribes, gathers and commissions research constantly. We regularly update our Research and Development page for you to pull information whenever you need it. We also have a dedicated staff member, Laurie Degon, who is here to assist you when you need data. So next time you’re curious about visitor or hotel stats, development info, or other research, check out that page first!
3. Visit Jacksonville’s sales team is out on the road monthly looking for new group business to bring to Jacksonville. Did you know you or your sales team can join us? Here is a list of opportunities available. Reach out to Nicole Crawford to learn more.
4. You may know about our main Visitor Center at our corporate offices on Laura Street Downtown, but did you know there are others? The circular desk at the bottom of the escalator at Jacksonville International Airport, the desk inside the Beaches Museum and our mobile Visitor Center, Seymour Jax, all offer opportunities for visitor interaction. These locations are staffed by fully trained Visit Jacksonville team members. Send visitors our way and we will help them plan their trip. You are welcome to swing by to pick up brochures or learn from our team, as well!
5. We develop and manage community-wide initiatives, like Kids Free November. Certain times of year can be a little slower here in Jax for certain businesses and nine years ago we set out to help attractions in November. In partnership with many local attractions, we started Kids Free November and were successful from the start. Let Lauren Hickox know if you are interested in being a part of Kids Free November in the future.
6. Visit Jacksonville works with a vendor, Threshold 360, to provide complimentary 360-degree videos of your business. We have already created over 1,000 videos for local businesses. The video is uploaded automatically to your Google listing and the Visit Jacksonville website and is available for you to use on your website or for other marketing purposes. Let Laurie Degon know if you would like to arrange to have a video captured of your business. If you had a video captured previously but need a new one due to renovations or other changes, just let us know.
7. Visit Jacksonville hosts writers and influencers/content creators to help tell the story of Jacksonville to the world. This fall has been very busy as we've hosted 11 trips so far. Some notable names include Cory Lee, Josh Denzel, Tykesha Burton and Sally Cohen. If you would like to host an upcoming influencer or writer at your hotel or business, please contact Andrea Mestdagh.
8. Need the latest airport info? Do you have clients asking about flights into Jax? Visit Jacksonville works directly with the Jacksonville Airport Authority to update our airlift information monthly. You can find the latest report here at any time.
9. We host community meetings several times a year. Visit Jacksonville hosts educational meetings for tourism businesses, sharing the latest things happening and great business opportunities. Be on the lookout for meeting announcements.
10. The Destination Experience Team is always there to be a resource to travelers. The LiveChat feature on Visit Jacksonville’s website (found on every page in the bottom left corner) is managed in-house by our team of experts, no AI bots here! They assist potential visitors daily. Feel free to recommend your visitors reach out, or hit them up yourself if you need information.