Duval County Public Schools and the City of Jacksonville have a joint-use agreement for allowing public use of the park.
Brookview Elementary School Park is located in southeast Jacksonville, just east of the Brookview subdivision that was platted in 1953. After purchasing a 14.6-acre tract in 1957, the Board of Public Instruction constructed a school on the north portion of the property in 1962. Duval County soon leased the south portion for use as a playground, which contained play equipment and a baseball field. Eventually a basketball court and two baseball/softball fields were added, and the park became home to the Arlington East Athletic Association, which organized as a Florida nonprofit corporation in 1982. The Association plays its youth baseball, softball, and T-ball games at the park, and has built several of the amenities, including the restroom/concession building and the picnic pavilion. To insure access for both students and the general public, the City and the School Board have signed a Joint-Use Agreement for the park.