Acres: 0.5 Named for Lindsay and Elizabeth Cameron whose family donated the land, this attractive neighborhood park is an open space with abundant trees and benches for relaxing. History: Cameron Park is located in the Murray Hill section of west Jacksonville. The developer of Murray Hill began selling home lots in 1907, and the area existed as a separate town with its own mayor from 1916 until its annexation by Jacksonville in 1925. Members of the Cameron family donated the land for the park, which is named for Lindsay and Elizabeth Cameron, to the City in 1931. Lindsay Cameron (1865-1927) and his wife Elizabeth lived in Murray Hill, and he operated the Cameron Seed Store on East Bay St. from 1886 until his death. Mrs. Cameron, who received a federal citation for her volunteer work during World War II and was also very active in the Garden Club, passed away in 1964 at the age of 81. During a dedication ceremony attended by two of their sons in 1975, a marker honoring the Camerons was placed in the attractive neighborhood park, which contains abundant trees and benches for relaxing.