The Camp Milton Historic Preserve is located in west Jacksonville. The blacktop path is through the wooded area. The paths are wheelchair accessible.
This area was significant during the American Civil War that lasted from April 1861 to May 1865. In February/March 1864, as over 8,000 troops arrived at the site to provide the first line of defense against the Union forces in Jacksonville. The camp was named in honor of John Milton (1807-1865), Florida’s governor during most of the Civil War.