Willowbranch Rose Garden Park is located in Riverside between Mallory St. and Azalea Terrace, across from Willowbranch Park. In 1916, the site was part of the Cityâ€™s initial purchase for the land to create Willowbranch Park. It remained part of the park until 1955, when members of the Jacksonville Rose Society established the Variety Rose Garden on the site. The Society and other volunteers (with the Cityâ€™s help) maintained the roses for many years. However, eventually the garden deteriorated until in 1998 two teenage brothers, Adam and Joseph Bierce, took over restoration of the remaining garden. At the request of Riverside Avondale Preservation, the park name was changed in 2002, and today it contains two rose beds with timber borders, a bench for relaxing, and parking for approximately eight cars.