1. Comedy/Improv- Give your funny bone a workout at First Coast Comedy, Jax Comedy Club or The Comedy Zone. Nothing beats a night of laughter with family and friends.
2. Jazz Clubs- Whether it’s date night or girls night, a jazz club is an intimate experience that shouldn’t be overlooked. Check out Breezy Jazz House & Restaurant or Jazz Poetry Café.
3. Live Music/DJ’s- You can find live music around nearly every corner in Jacksonville. A few local favorites are Blue Jay Listening Room in Jacksonville Beach, Jack Rabbits Live in San Marco and Underbelly in the heart of Downtown Jacksonville. If you prefer dancing at a club with a DJ, you’ll want to check out Eclipse Nightclub, Myth Nightclub or Cuba Libre at Havana Jax. Enjoy the unique atmospheres of each of these venues and experience some of the best live music the city has to offer.
4. Performing Arts-Jacksonville boasts incredible music venues for performances, shows and concerts. Watch incredible theatre at Players by the Sea or Alhambra Theatre & Dining. See a traveling Broadway show at the Jacksonville Center for Performing Arts brought to you by the FSCJ Artist Series. At this venue you will also find the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra. If you prefer to watch touring musicians, go to the historic Florida Theatre, Daily’s Place or VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena. Fun fact: the Florida Theatre opened in 1927 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It’s hosted many acts and concerts throughout its’ years, including Elvis who performed one of his first indoor concerts there.
5. Silent Disco-Silent discos are becoming all the rage...literally! Put on those headphones and dance the night away at Root Down in Five Points on Friday and Saturday nights. Hush Hush Headphones hosts many pop-up silent discos around Jacksonville at some unique venues. Make sure to stay updated with where they will be next through their social media.
1. Barhop-The bar scene in Jax is something we know well. Many neighborhoods have numerous bars within walking distance of each other, making them perfect for barhopping. In Riverside Avondale, you can head to the eccentric bar scene in Five Points or the King Street District. And by eccentric, we mean you can pose for a photo in a bathtub in one of the bars on King Street called The Rogue.
For a more sophisticated barhopping experience, go to San Marco Square. There are many highly-rated restaurants with bars to sit at and enjoy a nightcap. Grape and Grain Exchange is a popular choice amongst locals. Their craft cocktails are exceptional and as a bonus, they transform into a Christmas-themed bar in the wintertime.
One block away from the ocean at the intersection of 1st St. N and 3rd Ave. N in Jacksonville Beach you’ll find a strip the locals refer to as the “beach bars.” While in the area, check out Casa Marina’s Penthouse Lounge, a rooftop that overlooks the ocean! Venture a little further north to Atlantic and Neptune Beaches where you will find other noteworthy bars. Lemon Bar and Pete’s Bar are two staples that you must visit at least once. You can also sip on a delicious cocktail at one of the many restaurants in the Beaches Town Center.
2. Breweries- If you didn’t already know, Jacksonville has 25+ unique craft breweries throughout the city that make up the Jax Ale Trail. Each brewer pours passion into their craft to create beers like you haven’t tasted before. Make sure to grab a brewery passport to help you explore the Ale Trail. Go ahead and drink your trail off!
3. Distilleries-Whether you enjoy your drink neat or shaken into cocktail form, these distilleries will not disappoint. Visit Burlock and Barrel, Citrus Distillers, Four Fathers Distillery, Grey Matter Distillery, Manifest Distilling and Sounds of Spirits Craft Distillery.
4. Speakeasies-Speakeasies are the hidden gems of Jacksonville’s bar scene. Some have a secret password. Some are hidden behind a dark curtain. Others are in the back of a barbershop. Regardless, all are a must-try! Visit the multi-award-winning speakeasy in Downtown Jacksonville, The Volstead, or listen to live music at The Parlour. If you want some bites paired with your speakeasy experience, head to the Secret Tiki Temple or Buchner’s Bierhalle.
1. Craft Non-alcoholic Drinks- Non-alcoholic cocktails are delicious and we know where you should go. Wildcrafters Booze-Free Bar is in the Five Points area of the Riverside Avondale neighborhood and stays open late so you can get the nightlife feel while sipping on your carefully crafted drink. The Murray Hill neighborhood offers two great options for late-night non-alcoholic drinks. If you’re one of the brave who enjoys an evening caffeine fix, go to the flamingo coffee bar and then walk over to their neighbor, The Walrus.
2. Entertainment Centers-Entertainment centers like Dave and Buster’s and Main Event offer arcade games, bowling, laser tag and more. Autobahn Indoor Speedway is also a great option. Race on one of their indoor tracks for a need-for-speed adventure.
3. Escape Rooms-Escape rooms are perfect for a fun night out with friends, family or even coworkers for some team building. Look into The Escape Game, Breakout Games, Mind Bender Escape Room and Prototype Escape Games to start sleuthing.
4. Trivia Nights-Everyone has that one friend that always knows the most random facts. You’ll want to bring them along to a trivia night. Enjoy some grub while you test your knowledge at Monkey’s Uncle Tavern in Jacksonville Beach, Culhane’s Irish Pub in Atlantic Beach or Hoptinger Bier Garden & Sausage House in Riverside Avondale.
1. Arcade and Bar Games- Being an adult can come with its challenges, but these places are perfect to bring out your inner child for the night and be worry-free. Keg & Coin and Dart Bar & Games are both in Riverside Avondale. At these spots enjoy arcade games, old-school throwbacks, pinball, darts and more!
2. Axe Throwing-Who would have thought that axe-throwing would become so popular? You can practice your aim game at Class Axe Throwing, Axe Champs and Stumpy’s Hatchet House.
3. Geek Culture- From comics and collectibles to board games and dragons, these places have you covered- Coliseum of Comics Arlington, Darby’s Dungeon and Gotham City Limit.
4. Poker/Billiards- You don't need to go all the way to Vegas to win big. Take a chance at bestbet Jacksonville in the Arlington neighborhood. They offer poker tournaments, card game tables and a simulcast. If you’re wanting to play billiards, Qball Billiards in Jacksonville Beach, Perfect Rack Billiards in Murray Hill and Wildkat Records Bar and Grille in Downtown Jacksonville are three recommended spots.