Beer Traveler Guide Itinerary
Get inspired for your next trip to Jacksonville and tour through the best spots for beer!
Check in to your hotel and head to the Beaches.
Beaches breakfast recommendations:
- Delicomb - local deli with locally roasted coffee, all-day breakfast & sandwiches
- Sago Coffee - local coffee shop with modern atmosphere serving craft coffee & breakfast
- Maple Street Biscuit Company - Casual cafe serving biscuit sandwiches & Southern sides for breakfast & lunch founded in Jacksonville, FL
- Southern Grounds – local hip coffee/tea joint with great eats, one of 3 locations around Jacksonville (Neptune Beach, San Marco, Avondale)
- Boutique Shopping around The Beaches Town Center
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park is a pet-friendly park with convenient beach access, over 20 miles of biking and hiking trails and a 60-acre freshwater lake for fishing and kayaking.
- Huguenot Memorial Park is another beachside park nestled on the peninsula where the St. Johns River meets the Atlantic Ocean. The park is known for its impressive wildlife and is listed as one of the Great Florida Birding Trail sites.
- Jax Ale Trail Breweries in Jacksonville Beach and Atlantic Beach:
- Green Room Brewery- Jacksonville Beach's first microbrewery
- Southern Swells - With over 7500 sq. ft., the brewery and taproom space is vast allowing for groups of all sizes to relax and enjoy.
- Engine 15 Brewery - Offers a pub menu
- Ink Factory Brewing -A locally owned brewery, taproom & espresso bar
- Reve Brewing - Neighborhood brewery, taproom with a pizza-focused brewpub space
Jacksonville Beach dinner recommendations:
- Dockside Seafood Restaurant- relaxed spot with water views & outdoor seating
- Salt Life Food Shack- Did you know the Salt Life brand was founded in Jacksonville Beach? Enjoy this surf themed restaurant.
- VPizza- locations in Jacksonville Beach and San Marco, this is Neapolitan pizza with a mission, V is for Victory- to help provide resources and services, at no cost, to local families and individuals who have been diagnosed with cancer.
- Hoptinger Bier Garden- hip pub with sausage sandwiches & other Bavarian-inspired pub grub, plus lots of craft beers on tap (NOT on the Ale Trail but does have an assortment of local beers from breweries on the Ale Trail)
- Angies Subs/ Angies Grom - local popular counter-service sandwich shop and diner. Dine in or order to go to enjoy at a park or on the beach!
Explore San Marco- one of Jacksonville’s historic neighborhoods located near downtown on the South Bank of the St. Johns River. The neighborhood boasts boutiques, art galleries, coffee shoppes and outdoor café style dining options. At the center of the neighborhood, you’ll find a fountain of lions, which reflects the neighborhood's association with Venice, Italy’s business district.
Breakfast Recommendations in San Marco:
- Metro Diner -Signature dishes like the Fried Chicken and Waffles served with sweet and spicy syrup and house-made strawberry butter.
- Southern Grounds-local hip coffee/tea joint with great eats, one of 3 locations around Jacksonville.
- Good Dough-gourmet doughnuts with unique flavors.
- San Marco Square-local shops and restaurants
- Treaty Oak Park- In the 1930s, the Garden Club, Mrs. Jessie duPont, and a Times Union reporter, Pat Moran, began efforts to preserve the tree. Moran coined the name Treaty Oak while writing a fictitious story about how white settlers and Indians met under the tree to sign peace treaties.
- Riverfront Park- 1733 River Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Southbank Riverwalk-Bordering the St. Johns River,this is a 1 1/4-mile concrete boardwalk.
- Wick Candle Bar – shop with handmade candles and candle pouring classes (close to the San Marco neighborhood mural)
- Breweries in San Marco:
- Aardwolf Brewing Company-Sit back and enjoy a cold beer in the building that was formerly an icehouse from the 1920's.
- Tepeyolot Cerveceria-brewery in San Marco and serves Authentic Mexican Tacos, Street Corn and Esquite
- Go Tuk'n Urban Core Brewery Tour-Experience 5 totally unique breweries in the Urban Core.
Dinner Recommendations in San Marco:
- Taverna-Authentic Italian ingredients, seasonal produce, and meats from local purveyors.
- Town Hall- features California cuisine with a modern west coast vibe.
- Bistro Aix-authentic French bistro—but with true Southern hospitality.
- La Nopalera-great Mexican food available for delivery or takeout
Explore the historic Riverside Avondale & Springfield neighborhoods
Breakfast Recommendations in Riverside Avondale:
- Southern Grounds-A great cup of coffee
- The Fox-The Classic American fare dished up for breakfast & lunch in a busy diner with a vintage feel.
- Memorial Park- a great option for a walk along the St. Johns River’s Northbank
- Cummer Museum of Arts & Gardens- the largest fine arts museum in Northeast Florida.
- Five Points – shopping center with local bakeries, antique shops and walkable
- Shoppes of Avondale-local shops and restaurants
- Breweries in Riverside Avondale:
- Fishweir Brewing-A unique brewery and taproom experience in Murray Hill
- Bold City Brewery-Huge selection of craft beers brewed on-site & some bar bites in a laid-back, brick-walled tap room.
- Breweries in Springfield:
- Hyperion Brewing Company-beers that range from classics and forgotten styles, to recipes that push the limit of what modern craft beer can be.
- Historically Hoppy Brewing Company-Check out the newest brewery on the Jax Ale Trail!
- Strings Sports Brewery- Sports-themed brewery with food menu.
Dinner Recommendations in Springfield:
- Crispy’s- Elevated pizzas & sandwiches served in a historical brick-lined space
- Silkie's Chicken & Champagne Bar-An upscale Casual concept created by Chef Kenny & Anna Gilbert, highlighting Chef Kenny’s Signature Fried Chicken, Biscuits and Champagne Cocktails.
- The District-serve Weekend Brunch, Charcuterie and Dinner.