Explore San Marco- one of Jacksonville’s historic neighborhoods located near downtown on the South Bank of the St. Johns River. The neighborhood boasts boutiques, art galleries, coffee shoppes and outdoor café style dining options. At the center of the neighborhood, you’ll find a fountain of lions, which reflects the neighborhood's association with Venice, Italy’s business district.
Breakfast Recommendations in San Marco:
- Metro Diner -Signature dishes like the Fried Chicken and Waffles served with sweet and spicy syrup and house-made strawberry butter.
- Southern Grounds-local hip coffee/tea joint with great eats, one of 3 locations around Jacksonville.
- Good Dough-gourmet doughnuts with unique flavors.
- San Marco Square-local shops and restaurants
- Treaty Oak Park- In the 1930s, the Garden Club, Mrs. Jessie duPont, and a Times Union reporter, Pat Moran, began efforts to preserve the tree. Moran coined the name Treaty Oak while writing a fictitious story about how white settlers and Indians met under the tree to sign peace treaties.
- Riverfront Park- 1733 River Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Southbank Riverwalk-Bordering the St. Johns River,this is a 1 1/4-mile concrete boardwalk.
- Wick Candle Bar – shop with handmade candles and candle pouring classes (close to the San Marco neighborhood mural)
- Breweries in San Marco:
Dinner Recommendations in San Marco:
- Taverna-Authentic Italian ingredients, seasonal produce, and meats from local purveyors.
- Town Hall- features California cuisine with a modern west coast vibe.
- Bistro Aix-authentic French bistro—but with true Southern hospitality.
- La Nopalera-great Mexican food available for delivery or takeout