Eat & Drink at the Beaches
Seafood of course! Jacksonville’s own Mayport Shrimp is the culinary staple of the region.
Enjoy it and other local fresh seafood at unique and delicious spots like North Beach Fish Camp, Eleven South, Doro, Marker 32, Azurea at One Ocean, and Hawkers, Flying Iguana, Sliders Seafood Grill, Culhane's Irish Pub and Mezza.
Here are some of the Best Bites:
- Angie's Subs - The best subs and sweet tea in town! This Jacksonville Beach favorite has been around for nearly 30 years, and with good reason. On your first visit go for their #1 best seller – the Peruvian. With ham, genoa salami, bacon, Italian sausage, provolone and Peruvian sauce it has everything you want and more! Of course don’t forget to wash it down with some sweet tea.
- Azurea - For upscale dining right by the beach, Azurea is a must. Their long line catch 3 ways uses the freshest locally caught fish and gives you a great variety of preparations to enjoy it. The 3 ways: grilled with tropical fruit salpicone, bronzed with a citrus butter emulsion, and cooked in beignet batter with a smoked Vidalia remoulade. Fish 3 ways, all delicious.
- Engine 15 Brewing - One of the stops on the Jax Ale Trail, this popular craft brewery’s Frito pie might rival their beer (and that’s saying something). But you won’t have to choose because at lunchtime your pie comes with a free draft.
- The Fish Company - Serving up fresh local seafood in Atlantic Beach, The Fish Company is a great spot for oysters and drinks, but what makes them stand out from the other seafood restaurants is their Szechuan Fish. A new spin on the classic Asian preparation, the daily fresh catch is seasoned with five spices, seared and served over fresh spinach and warm soba noodles topped with a special reduction.
- Marker 32 - Featured on Emeril’s Florida, Marker 32 is a staple of the Jacksonville culinary scene. Everything on the menu is prepared daily from scratch by classically trained chefs. One of Marker 32’s (many) highlights: broiled octopus with rosemary, garlic and black pepper over a chilled corona bean salad on top of a white bean hummus, with a tomato puree and basil oil.
- North Beach Fish Camp - Located just steps from the sand in the middle of the Beaches Town Center the North Beach Fish Camp is one of Jacksonville’s best fish camps. Their signature dish is a perfect example of southern beach cuisine: fresh blackened Mahi with Tasso ham gravy, collards and creamy grits. Yum!
- Poe's Tavern - A gastropub named after the great poet, Poe’s Tavern has burgers to match some of the artist’s greatest works. The Rue Morgue is a dish just as epic as Poe himself, a bunless burger with fries covered in chili and queso, topped with a fried egg. It will get your tell-tale heart pumping.
- Safe Harbor Seafood Market & Restaurant - A visit to Jacksonville is not complete without dining on the local Mayport shrimp (there’s a reason there’s so many shrimp dishes on this list!). For a true Jacksonville fish camp experience, try it at Safe Harbor Seafood Market & Restaurant right on the dock in the historic Mayport Village.
- Salt Life Food Shack - For those enjoying the Jacksonville Beach experience, a trip to Jacksonville would not be complete without a visit to this local food joint. Salt Life’s signature dish is a true tribute to their ocean loving lifestyle: fresh tuna, steamed spinach, sticky rice, avocadoes, and a special marinade make this poke bowl unforgettable.
- Singleton's Seafood Shack - Singleton’s is a cozy little seafood shack in Mayport that just happens to have some of the best Minorcan Clam Chowder you’ve ever had.
- TacoLu - Fish tacos, tequila and mexcal – what more could you ask for? TacoLu is the place to go if you want great food, but also want to have a great time. There’s a reason this place is always packed. Must try: the bangin’ shrimp taco with its Asian style fried shrimp, cabbage and chipotle cream.
More Food & Drink
The 29 Best Drinks in Jacksonville
After a long day there is nothing more satisfying than sitting down at a local #OnlyinJax bar and sipping on a signature, hand-crafted cocktail. Find 29 of the best drinks in Jacksonville...or should we say "Cocktailville!"
Best Bites by Neighborhood
Each of Jacksonville’s neighborhoods have a unique flavor of their own. From southern classics to far away cuisines, there is a little bit of everything throughout the city. Check out some of the top local spots in each neighborhood!