Florida C. Dwight Memorial Playground
Florida C. Dwight Memorial Playground is located in the La Villa section in downtown Jacksonville, In 1929, the City’s second playground for African-American children was established there and named La Villa Playground. Florida Dwight, the playground’s first recreation director, pioneered and organized recreation for the City’s African-American community from 1918 until her retirement in 1950. To honor her years of devoted work, the playground was renamed in 1983 and then designated a local historic landmark in 1995.
The park has two basketball courts, a tennis court, a skate park, and playground equipment.
Florida C. Dwight Memorial Playground1199 Church St W
Jacksonville, Florida 32204