Built in 1927, architect Jefferson Powell used Tudor and Jacobethan Revival motifs to create a castle-like home. This design enables the house to face both Edgewood and Pine, interestingly turning the corner and giving the building an appearance of breadth. A crenelated parapet formalizes the intersection and serves as the main entrance. The balustraded terrace on the Pine Street side also contributes to the appearance of a fortress. This home also has eight different window styles, three different styles of brick bonds, and cut stone placed irregularly around the central facade.