The Palms Fish Camp has been a fixture on Heckscher Drive since the 1950’s starting out as a bait and tackle store with a boat ramp and eventually became a restaurant and bar. The restaurant continued to operate until 2002 when the City of Jacksonville purchased the 2 acres. The original building was removed due to its condition. A new restaurant was built which is now home to the Palms Fish Camp Restaurant. The Palms Fish Camp Restaurant was re-opened in the new building on July 1, 2017. The restaurant is operated and managed by local residents whom have a lease with the City. The Palms specializes in fresh local wild caught fish and shrimp straight from the local fishermen’s boats. A large deck overlooks the boat ramp, Clapboard Creek and the Timucuan Preserve.