Flying into Jacksonville
Jacksonville International Airport has two designated bathroom areas for jet-setting dogs. A pet and service animal relief area, which is located inside the terminal past security, includes a mock front porch area with seating, a hand-washing sink, pickup bag dispenser and waste receptacles. The space has dedicated air handling equipment to keep it odor free. A second pet relief area is located outside baggage claim on the south side of the terminal.
Where to "Beach" with Your Dog in Jacksonville
Jacksonville is home to 22 miles of white-sandy and relaxing beaches where you and your furry companion can play in the sand, swim in the Atlantic Ocean and enjoy the salt life.
- Atlantic Beach: Leashed dogs are allowed on the beach during the day and evening.
- Jacksonville Beach: Dogs are allowed on the beach at any hour from October 1 through March 31. Dogs are not permitted on the beach between 9 am and 5 pm, 7 days a week, from April 1 through September 30. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Neptune Beach: Dogs are allowed on the beach at any hour from October 1 through March 31. Dogs are not permitted on the beach between 9 am and 5 pm, 7 days a week, from April 1 through September 30. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Mayport Beach: Dogs are welcome on a leash all day until dusk.
- Hanna Park: Pets are allowed in all outdoor areas of park, however they must be properly restrained and picked up after. No pets are permitted in Dolphin Plaza, shelters or cabins.
Jax Best Pet-Friendly Winners:
JaxBest is a voter-centric guide to all of the local things that make our city unique. Check out the most recent winners for our dog friendly categories.
Best Dog Park:
1. BrewHound Dog Park + Bar
2. Ed Austin Park
Best Pet Boarding/Daycare:
1. Fresh Prints Pet Resort and Day Lodge
2. Coastal Veterinary Hospital and Pet Resort
3. Luba’s Pet Studio