6 Extra Not-So-Secret Spots
And for those of you who have never visited Jacksonville before, we want to be sure you know all the best standard shots that are breathtaking on their own, just maybe not so super-secret.
1. Friendship Fountain with the Jax skyline behind you. Take a trip during the day and see the water dancing up and down, or come for a night light show and snap a photo in front of this iconic fountain, with the St. Johns River and Downtown skyline in the background.
2. Sunrise at the beach. Whether it’s Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, or Mayport Beach, these stunning gems of Atlantic Ocean paradise are the ideal to place to take a sunrise photo. From the beach with the pier in the background? AMAZING!
3. With the lions at San Marco Square. Located right in the heart of the San Marco Square are the impressive bronze lions. Take a selfie by these kingly cats while checking out the magnificent culture and shops in San Marco.
4. Main Street and Acosta Bridge Downtown. Two of the most memorable bridges in Jacksonville, and you can access both by foot. Snap a pic by the aqua hues of the Main Street Bridge and Acosta Bridge at night, and get a gorgeous view of the St. Johns River from high up in the air.
5. The jaguar statue at TIAA Bank Field. As you approach TIAA Bank Field from the west, a massive bronze jaguar sculpture will greet you, a great photo op.
6. The largest video scoreboards in the world at TIAA Bank Field. Jaguars will roar for you as you enter the home of the annual Florida vs. Georgia Classic, TaxSlayer Bowl, and of course the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars. Take a selfie beside the two massive 362-foot-long scoreboards, the largest HD LED screens of their kind in the world. Or hop in the pool at the end zone for a one-of-a-kind snapshot, just be sure to keep your camera dry. On game days you can see your social media selfies on the large screens, just use the hashtag #JagsGameDayLive.