Family Beach Getaway Itinerary
22 miles of beaches. Yep. That’s all we have to say to get you to pack your bags and head to our city to explore the endless miles of coastline and barrier islands that make Jacksonville the most fun and active watersports destinations in Florida.
Family Beach Getaway:
Jacksonville is a very fun family getaway with so many watersports and active experiences to enjoy by the water. It doesn’t hurt that we are also one of Florida’s most affordable cities with great options for accommodations and attractions.
What to Do:
- Enjoy the beach
- Get a surf lesson – all ages welcome!
- Visit Huguenot Memorial Park
- Explore the South Beach Park and Sunshine Playground
- Get a tour of the Beaches Museum and History Park
- Have fun at Adventure Landing and Shipwreck Water Park
- Reserve a private beaches tour with Go Tuk’n
- Ride the St. Johns River Ferry
- Head to one of the trampoline parks in the area
Where to Stay:
Choose a family friendly hotel (fit for even the furry family members) check out the best family-friendly hotels in the area.
Where to Eat:
The beaches offer plenty of fun and relaxed spots where kids are the guests of honor! Try Salt Life Food Shack, the Ugly Cupcakery, The Mini Bar, ABBQ Meat and Drinks, Maple Street Biscuit Company, or Metro Diner to get started!
Where to Party:
Head to Downtown Jacksonville Beach and check out the SeaWalk Pavilion, this oceanfront amphitheater host special family-friendly events and festival throughout the year